The ZFR400 a ultra small bodypack timecode stamped audio recorder with features you can’t get anywhere but Zaxcom!
NeverClip™ and ZaxNet remote control are just the beginning. The ZFR400 can be used as a stand alone recorder or as part of Zaxcom’s patented virtual multi-track recording system. The Zaxcom ZFR recorders have been used on countless productions over the years to record talent audio directly on the bodypack instead of using wireless microphones and multi-track recorders. It’s a savior when RF isn’t an option.
A new feature of the ZFR400 is a direct audio / timecode output directly from the LEMO connector either independently or simultaneously alongside the microphone input.
Small and durable, it’s housed in a high strength, impact resistant nylon polymer casing with rounded edges, machined metal and rubber gaskets. ZFR400 runs cool, the combination of the nylon composite case and its power efficiency make the heat transfer practically non existent.
The ZFR400 works with ZaxNet, Zaxcom’s 2.4-GHz RF network that distributes remote control commands, timecode and IFB audio. With ZaxNet, one can remotely control transmitter settings such as gain and transport controls. The ZFR400 also sends a Quality Control audio signal over ZaxNet so when micing someone you can use an ERX to listen to the mic right on the spot.
- RECORDER AUDIO
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB
- Distortion: <0.01%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 16 kHz
- Highpass Filter: Off or 70 to 220 Hz, step: 10 Hz (6 dB per octave)
- Mic Power: 3.3 VDC @ 10mA max
- Mic Connector: 3-pin micro LEMO (mic side = FGB.00.303.CLAD22)
- Input Range: -60 to -24 dBu
- Impedance: 4.7 k Ω
- ADC Bit-depth: 32 bits
- TIMECODE READER / GENERATOR
- Timecode output: 3-Pin Micro LEMO
- Clock Accuracy: 1.54 PPM (1 frame out in 6 hours)
- Timecode Type: SMPTE
- Timecode Rame-rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97NDF, 29.97DF, 30NDF, 30DF
- Media: microSD card (Flash memory)
- File Format: .ZAX / Converts to BWAV or MP3
- Recording Time: Card dependent – Up to 96 hours on a 16GB card
- 2.4 GHZ ZAXNET
- RF Frequency Range: 2.403 to 2.475 GHz
- RF Modulation: Digital Spread Spectrum
- RF Frequency Step: 0.001 GHz (1 MHz)
- RF Bandwidth: 1 MHz
- Channel Separation: 2 MHz
- PLAYBACK AUDIO
- Audio Output Connector: 3-Pin Micro LEMO
- Level: 3 V-PP
- Output Choices: Playback / E to E Audio – user selectable
- Weight: 2.2 oz without battery
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.2″ x 1.6″ x .55″
- Battery Type: NP-50
- Battery Life: Up to 10 Hours
- Display: OLED